Forums - SNPE2

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
SNPE2
MarkWu
Posted: Tue, 2023-01-10 18:24

Hi,

Recently, SNPE2 SDK was launched. I see the document "SNPE1 to SNPE2 Migration Guide" describes:

Quote:

• C API
    1. SNPE2 introduces a C API.
    2. This API will be the only way to interact with SNPE going forward.
    3. The C API reduces/removes potential compatibility concerns that C++ can have (e.g. due to C++ templates).
    4. To ease the transition, the C++ API will continue to be supported until early/mid 2023, at which point it will be retired.
    5. For more information, reference the "C tutorial" section of "Code Examples" and C API sections.

I have the following questions:
1. Will the C++API be canceled in SNPE2 after the beginning/middle of 2023?
2. Will SNPE1 continue to exist?
3. Does my previous integration code need to be migrated from c++to c?

BR.
  • Up0
  • Down0
weihuan
Posted: Sat, 2023-01-14 21:51

Dear developer,

1. Will the C++API be canceled in SNPE2 after the beginning/middle of 2023?
QC: No. C++ API will be supported further.
2. Will SNPE1 continue to exist?
QC: SNPE1 will be not release starting from 2023/1. But some versions will be fixed on previous SDK.
3. Does my previous integration code need to be migrated from c++to c?
QC: You can take a look the sample code on SNPE to check if anything need to update.

BR.
Wei
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.