Forums - DSP Runtime not available on Snapdragon 888

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
DSP Runtime not available on Snapdragon 888
fefr
Posted: Sat, 2022-12-03 08:13
Hi, I am developing an app with a SNPE ndk component in c++. I try to run it on my Xiaomi mi 11 ultra (snapdragon 888) and i cannot run it on DSP.

On GPU and CPU it works fine.

I followed the DSP runtime env variable setup on the SNPE manual "https://developer.qualcomm.com/sites/default/files/docs/snpe/dsp_runtime..." but it keeps failing in the function isRuntimeAvailable.

zdl::DlSystem::Runtime_t runtime = zdl::DlSystem::Runtime_t::DSP_FIXED8_TF;
 zdl::DlSystem::RuntimeCheckOption_t option =  zdl::DlSystem::RuntimeCheckOption_t::UNSIGNEDPD_CHECK;
 zdl::SNPE::SNPEFactory::isRuntimeAvailable(runtime, option)

I used setenv and checked that the env variable is setted 
export ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.iwatake.viewandroidinferencehelpersample/files/Documents/resource/dsp;/vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp;/vendor/lib64/rfsa/adsp;/vendor/dsp;/system/vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp;/dsp"

I noticed that on Xiaomi mi 11 ultra I do not have "/system/lib/rfsa/adsp" and "/dsp" folders but I have only folders "/system/vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp" and "/vendor/dsp".

I checked that adsprpc.kodriver is running with "adb shell ls /dev/adsprpc-smd" and is fine.

Checking if adsprpcdis running with "adb shell ps | grep adsprpcd " returns nothing even with su (i have a rooted device).

Do someone has any suggestion to help on using DSP runtime?

Thank you very very much

• Up0
  • Down0
weihuan
Posted: Sun, 2022-12-04 00:04

Dear developer,

You can check below items if you execution failed on dsp runtime

1. Model should be quantized.

2. unsignedPD:OFF for SNPE1.60 or later.

BR.

Wei

• Up0
  • Down0
fefr
Posted: Wed, 2022-12-07 05:13

Hi,

1. my model is not quantized but the function is called before the model loading

2. does not change

Can you explain me how to set the lib/env variables to be ok?

Can you share a test that checks DSP Runtime is ok that is not connected to my application software?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.