Forums - Does Qualcomm SNPE work on a linux board?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does Qualcomm SNPE work on a linux board?
KevinTaylor1544
Posted: Sat, 2020-08-08 23:52

I wish to get the qualcomm SNPE (snapdragon neural processing engine) working on my linux (not Android) board (flightPro w/ qualcomm 820.) . It works fine on the cpu.

I've successfully followed the examples provided to load alexnet onto my 820 board and run snpe (snpe-net-run) in cpu mode. It does not run in gpu mode.

Searching the web and forums (e.g., https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/qualcomm-neural-processing-sdk/59207/quickpayportal) it seems that all (?) linux boards may be missing the opencl driver that would be required to make this work.

Following the example...

Quote:
> snpe-net-run --container bvlc_alexnet.dlc --input_list target_raw_list.txt --use_gpu 

The selected runtime is not available on this platform. Continue 
anyway to observe the failure at network creation time. 

Aborted

I expected the gpu to work (and hopefully, fingers crossed to be substantially faster than the cpu!)

• Up0
  • Down0
frank.huang_1
Posted: Mon, 2020-08-10 01:39

Hi, Sorry to bother you for non-relative problem, but can you teach me how to use snpe-net-run command?

I have followed this tutorial https://developer.qualcomm.com/docs/snpe/tutorial_setup.html and got inception v3 dlc file.

However, when I test dlc file by command "snpe-net-run --container dlc/inception_v3.dlc --input_list data/cropped/raw_list.txt"

It shows "snpe-net-run: command not found". It seems that I miss some packages or dependecis, but I can't find any solution in the toturial.

Do you have any idea for this problem?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.

•  

• Up0
  • Down0
gesqdn-forum
Posted: Thu, 2020-08-13 00:24

Hi frank.huang_1,

It looks like you missed to run the environment setup instructions, kindly follow the below instructions to solve your issue.

#Set the environment variables in the terminal

$ export SNPE_ROOT=<obsolute path to NPE sdk>
    Ex: export SNPE_ROOT=/home/user/git/QDN/snpe-1.37
$ export ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=<obsolute path to android ndk>
    Ex: export ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=/home/sysadmin/git/QDN/snpe-1.37/android/Ndk/android-ndk-r21

#Execute the below enviroment setup script in NPE sdk folder
$ source ./bin/envsetup.sh -t <path to tensorflow>
    Ex: source ./bin/envsetup.sh -t /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.