Forums - Automotive Grade Linux Support

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Automotive Grade Linux Support
byan
Posted: Wed, 2020-05-27 12:06

The reference documentation states that Ubuntu is required for a host machine to handle model conversion and optimization. I'm wondering whether actual inference on the target machine can be done on a s820am board that is running Automotive Grade Linux. I know the s820am board itself is supported, but I only see examples w/ Android.

Does anyone know?

Further, would the requirements of python 3.5 and TF/Caffe/ONNX be for the host machine running Ubuntu only? Or does the target device also have these requirements to run inference?

• Up0
  • Down0
elvin.nnov
Posted: Wed, 2020-05-27 23:14

Probably need to wait answer from of official Qualcom representative - they might have an official validation matrix and can say if they validated SNPE on that board.

But common sense says that to run binary you need to have satisfy several requirements

1. Instructinon set in binary  should match processor instruction set. it seems it is satisfied
  2. ABI compatibiliy. I do not know what Automotive Grade Linux, if it is 32 or b4 bit version, and not sure which binaries could be used from snpe package - I see several directories which might satisfy. Need to try.
  3. it seems there should be DSP driver in the operating system. I have not seen any mentioning of it, it seems it is assumed that platform vendor should provide OS ready to be used on the board and get all hardware capabilities

Regarding the python - it is a requirements only for host. I suspect this requirement appeared due to pyhton binary module which is supplied in SNPE package: lib/python/snpe/dlc_utils/libDlContainerPy3.so which is compiled only for host running 64bit version of Linux

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.