Forums - Setup instructions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Setup instructions
joaopedro.martins
Posted: Thu, 2019-12-12 11:25

Hello,

I've been trying to set up the app using the instructions here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/docs/snpe/setup.html

Does anyone have a script or a conda environment file with with all the steps to deploy this? it's a total headache/mess. I've been trying on Ububtu 16 (skipped 14 after reading about issues with libatomic), but still I keep bumping into problems.

Even after having (I think) installed all the packages, mostly with conda, the validator script complains it doesn't find the requirements. 

Help... :-(

• Up0
  • Down0
kueitang
Posted: Sat, 2019-12-14 02:37

Hi, 

First you can try "echo SNPE_ROOT" to check whether you have set up the environment.

By the way, which framework did you choos? Caffe, tensorflow or Onnx?

• Up0
  • Down0
joaopedro.martins
Posted: Tue, 2019-12-17 02:40

I was trying with TF.

Btw, the instructions say "

Platform Runtime Libraries

$SNPE_ROOT refers to the directory path where the SNPE SDK is installed.

This actually should read something like "Please define $SNPE_ROOT to point to the folder where you extracted the SNPE_SDK".

I now have the environment apparently working, after hours of tweaking. How about a conda environment or a deployment script, guys? Avoiding the library dependencies (of which the package uses some very old versions) is a total mess.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.