Forums - CPU runtime performance issue

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
CPU runtime performance issue
linnanbryant
Posted: Tue, 2019-01-15 19:07

I use Mobilenet on CPU runtime to test performance, and the speed is very slow, about 1.7s to do one time  classification mission.

So i wonder if the CPU runtime just run on one single CPU, can i choose multi thread to speed up the test program?

• Up0
  • Down0
jihoonk
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2019-01-15 20:40

Hi linnanbryant,

Did you succeed to run your model using SNPE APIs? There is no CPU multi-thread option. The target of SNPE is to run nerual networks fast on Snapdragon GPU/DSP/AIP. As CPU support is just for reference, there is not that much optimization implemented. You'd better use GPU/DSP/AIP runtime on Snapdragon devices.

Thanks,

Jihoon

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.