Forums - Deconvolution layer outputs wrong values in SNPE 1.19.2

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deconvolution layer outputs wrong values in SNPE 1.19.2
schnyox
Posted: Mon, 2018-09-17 05:50

Hi guys,

I have a Unet model I want to benchmark on CPU, GPU and DSP. I'm using Open-Q 820 board.

Unet output is 128x128 segmentation map with two classes, 0 and 1.

I'm using SNPE 1.14.0 and 1.19.2, and Tensorflow 1.10.0.

I validate SNPE outputs against Tensorflow outputs using Intersection over union (IoU) metric.

CPU and GPU give good results (IoU ≈ 1), for both SNPE 1.14.0 and 1.19.2.

DSP with SNPE 1.14.0 gives good results (IoU ≈ 0.99) but SNPE 1.19.2 gives very poor results (IoU ≈ 0.05).

I tried quantizing both manually and letting SNPE quantize by itself, it makes no difference.

I also checked quantization paramenters with both SNPE versions and made sure that they are identical, which means that

SNPE runtime is making the difference.

I took a closer look at the outputs of each Unet layer and both SNPE versions give exact same results up until the first conv2d_transpose layer (deconvolution layer in SNPE terms) and then this error propagates on deeper into the Unet.

I can provide a .dlc model of my deconvolution layer for both SNPE versions.

I was really lucky that I had SNPE 1.14.0 from before because it cannot be downloaded anymore, but my Unet is about 10-15% faster when using SNPE 1.19.2, so want to use 1.19.2 if possible.

Regards,

Nikola.

P.S.

I also tried SNPE 1.18.0 and it gives poor performance.

• Up0
  • Down0
zhaokezhao
Posted: Mon, 2019-09-09 02:25

I met the same problem using snpe-1.29.0.

CPU GPU both gave correct answer when validating the result values layer by layer, while DSP went wrong at the deconvolution layer.

Any solution or workaround?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.