Forums - CPU fallback not enabled by default?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
CPU fallback not enabled by default?
svenzhang
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-17 07:37

Hi,

I'm trying to bring up mobilenet-ssd on my S8 with 835 CPU, I can load DLC with cpu as beckend, but when I try to load it to GPU, it failed unless i have following code before load it:

zdl::SNPE::SNPEBuilder snpeBuilder(container.get());
   snpeBuilder.setCPUFallbackMode(true);

But i checked the document, it said that setCPUFallbackMode enable means if some layer cannot handled by GPU/DSP, it will handled by CPU automaticlly. With my experience, the document have mistake? the default setting is disalbed the fallback mode.

Anyone from Qualcomm can confirm this? Thank you

• Up0
  • Down0
jihoonk
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-17 19:05

Hi svenzhang,

CPU fall-back mode is turned off by default. You should set it turned on explicitly.

SSD DetectionOutput layer is supported only on CPU runtime. If you want to execute other layers on GPU or DSP, you should set fallback mode on.

For details, refer to below link.

https://developer.qualcomm.com/docs/snpe/convert_mobilenetssd.html

Thanks,

Jihoon

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.