Forums - FastADAS vs FastCV

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FastADAS vs FastCV
mincheol1.kim
Posted: Wed, 2023-04-26 00:00

Hello,

I found out that Qualcomm provides APIs to accelerate (FastADAS, FastCV).

It seems to me that both accelerate image processing and CV algorithms.

So what is the difference between FastADAS and FastCV?

Thanks.
  • Up0
  • Down0
gmcgrath
Posted: Wed, 2023-04-26 10:20

There are a few main differences:

• - FastCV is older and therefore has more features than FastADAS.
  • - FastADAS is ASIL-B safety certified whereas FastCV is not safety certified.
  • - FastADAS is designed more to minimize end-to-end latency, including multi-threaded options towards that end, whereas FastCV is designed just for efficiency.
  • - FastADAS is to include ADAS features beyond CV.
  • Up0
  • Down0
mincheol1.kim
Posted: Thu, 2023-04-27 00:43

Thanks for your reply!

I have a one more question about FastADAS.

I know that FADAS supports CPU/GPU/DSP, so is it possible to run FADAS on GPU and SNPE(dlc) on DSP in parallel?

If it is possible, can I know the related site address or document name?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: FastADAS vs FastCV Best Answer
gmcgrath
Posted: Tue, 2023-05-09 15:25

Yes, one can run FADAS on GPU while SNPE runs on DSP in parallel.  However, I am unaware of any documentation that shows how to do that.  It should be pretty straight forward to give it a try :-)

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.