Forums - Getting started with mvVISLAM on RB5

1 post / 0 new
Getting started with mvVISLAM on RB5
pallav.bhalla
Posted: Mon, 2022-04-04 01:14

I've recently started with Qualcomm RB5 and want to use the available VISLAM application with MVSDK.  I've the following doubts regarding the same:

1. Setup required for running the mvVISLAM ROS application on RB5?
  2. How to get the license key required for running mvVISLAM? Haven't received the license file upon downloading the MVSDK(as mentioned on the website).
  3. Upon trying to build the sample ROS applications from https://github.com/ATLFlight , I faced build errors related to not found header files. All of them point to "/usr/include/mv", which doesn't exist. I could find "libmv3.so" inside "/usr/lib/"
  4. Do we need to install the MVSDK manually on RB5 after flashing the board with Thundercomm LU image? If yes, the available MVSDK debian downloads on https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/machine-vision-sdk/tools are for armhf and not arm64. Where can I get it for arm64?
  5. After some initial confusion about flashing Linaro vs Thundercomm image on RB5, went with Thundercomm downstream LU image due to existing driver support for sensors. Any suggestions regarding that? Which one should be preferred and when?

I've flashed the LU image on RB5 using Thundercomm's SDK manager 2.1.0.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.