Forums - FFMPEG

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
FFMPEG
fred0
Posted: Tue, 2016-03-08 06:25

I am using a snapdragon 805 and require being able to use FFMPEG with hwaccel for encoding/decoding h264.

Is this possible with the 805 hardware assist, and if so, how /where can I find the library etc for this to be implimented?

• Up0
  • Down0
ketan
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-12 07:14

Hi Fred,

You should look into MediaCodec (Java or NDK for native) library to do hardware based decoding. MediaCodec underhood uses libstagefright which via OMX interface will select best available decoder. You can review this sample for native implementation or similar available there - https://github.com/googlesamples/android-ndk/tree/master/native-codec

FFmpeg using hardware acceleration is not very clear and you will have to build library for Android to even use it.

Ketan

• Up0
  • Down0
nayeemtby
Posted: Sat, 2021-05-22 08:35

Where can I get the API libraries for hexagon's video encoding/decoding dsp? I have downloaded hexagon sdk but cannot find documentaion or exaples on this topic.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.