Forums - Android Studio vs Hexagon SDK for Video Streamer

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Android Studio vs Hexagon SDK for Video Streamer
riteshSTPL
Posted: Tue, 2016-03-08 01:26

Hello i am using Snapdragon 805. I want to encode video using OMX hardware accelarator and stream over ethernet with low latency.

I have developed application using Android Studio that uses MediaRecorder/MediaCodec and Libstreaming Library https://github.com/fyhertz/libstreaming. But i am getting latancy og 2-3 sec for 1080p 30 fps 2Mbps bitrate.

So if i use encoding and streaming application based on "qcom_video_codec_sample" on Hexagon SDK will it improve latency? and Hardware Encoding is same using MediaCodec in Android studio and using OMX Apis in Hexagon SDK?

inshort is Hexagon SDK will improve latency than android studio?

or any ther solution anyone can suggest?

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Wed, 2016-06-01 19:03

I used the OMX decoder. the latency for that is cut in half(you have to set a flag) vs Mediacodec.

But the problem is that I only got the sample to work on 600 series.

I tried the sample on my 810 phone the decoder works but the flags dont do anything. Basically on the 810 MediaCodec is exactly the same as OMX (decode latency is the same.) Because if this I cant say if the sample works properly on 800 devices.

I would suggest you look through the sample code and see if you can find a ENUM which you can set for better encoder performence. check the QcomOmxEncoder.cpp file.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.