Forums - Hexagon Trace Analyzer python script can't import pyetm_run

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hexagon Trace Analyzer python script can't import pyetm_run
siva.thulasingam
Posted: Wed, 2023-10-11 10:15

I have our own application running on hexagon simulator (using v69). I created pctrace.txt with --timing enabled.  Also I craeted Config-Simulator.json. When I run the hexagon trace analyzer, I get error as below,

===================================================================

C:\Users\Hexagon\Eclipse_workspace\Common_Incremental>%HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT%/tools/debug/hexagon-trace-analyzer/win/hexagon-trace-analyzer ./config_simulator.json ./result_hexta_simulator ./pctrace1.txt

C:\Users\Hexagon\Eclipse_workspace\Common_Incremental>pushd C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\tools\debug\hexagon-trace-analyzer\win\

C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\tools\debug\hexagon-trace-analyzer\win>python -c "from hexta import pyetm_run; pyetm_run.main_run() " ./config_simulator.json ./result_hexta_simulator ./pctrace1.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'pyetm_run' from 'hexta' (unknown location)
===================================================================
what should I do to resolve above error (cannot import name 'pyetm_run' from 'hexta' (unknown location))
  • Up0
  • Down0
rnoronha
Posted: Wed, 2023-10-25 17:43

Hi Siva,
Thanks for reporting the issue.

Here are a few suggestions to help you out:
This error might be seen if the Hexagon Trace Analyzer(HexTA) is not present or not installed correctly in the
C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\tools\debug\hexagon-trace-analyzer\win\ directory. Please confirm if this location has HexTA installed correctly.

Try moving to that directory and running your application with the absolute paths send to HexTA
%HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT%/tools/debug/hexagon-trace-analyzer/win/hexagon-trace-analyzer C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\examples\profiling\config_simulator.json C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\examples\profiling\result_hexta_simulator C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\examples\profiling\pctrace.txt

Also, make sure you are having the Prerequisites and Setup under Hexagon Trace Analyzer as mentioned in the C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\docs\examples\profiling\index.html document.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
siva.thulasingam
Posted: Wed, 2023-11-08 15:34

hexta folder is exist under "C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\5.3.0.0\tools\debug\hexagon-trace-analyzer\win". But I don't see pyetm_run.py in any of folder under Hexagon SDK. So, may be hexta may need to re-install again as mentioned by other person suggested

• Up0
  • Down0
siva.thulasingam
Posted: Mon, 2023-11-20 07:44

could anyone please help me on my question, that why I don't see pyetm_run.py in hexta directory. if hexta folder is not properly installed, how do re-install it using Qualcomm package manager?
Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.