Forums - Having questions about understanding simulation result

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Having questions about understanding simulation result
damien.seo
Posted: Sun, 2022-03-06 22:45

hi. I have installed SDK and tried to use simulator. 

And I saw that in cacluator example the DSP part and reference C part has almost same execution cycle in the report.

Does that mean actually the DSP code and CPU code takes the same execution time? or the simulator simulate the DSP code as it runs in the CPU?

Another question is, when I build the DSP as shared library and simulate it then I cannot see correct function name in the report.

I have tried to input every elf files into the profiler but still cannot get correct function name in the report. 

But when I build it as stand-alone app then I can get correct function names in the simulation report.

Hope to hear any answers for this.

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
xtang
Posted: Thu, 2022-03-10 01:44

cycle is the instruction cycle, to get exection time, need to get the frequency of DSP.

simulator is run on CPU. for simulator just use to verify the result, if you care about the performance, please to test on target.

for you another question, can you please share your detail steps, than we can check further.

-------

Another question is, when I build the DSP as shared library and simulate it then I cannot see correct function name in the report.

------

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.