Forums - signer.py doesn't work

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
signer.py doesn't work
nickolay.sheyko
Posted: Thu, 2021-05-27 21:46

Hello. I am an engineer working on neural network optimization on your devices. Currently, I am trying to build a library, which uses cDSP by Hexagon SDK 4.3. I used signer.py to make test signature for my devices (Samsung S 20 (865) & Samsung S21 5G (888)). But it seems that signing is not working at all. I think so because your calculator example works fine but only with cDSP in unsigned mode. In signed mode it produces the following output:

ERROR 0x80000406: Failed to compute sum on domain 3
ERROR 0x80000406: Failed to find max on domain 3
ERROR 0x80000406: Calculator test failed

ERROR 0x80000406: Calculator example failed
------------
I had the same result when I used the calculator_walkthrough.py script
------------
logcat | grep dsprpc has a lot of similar error with ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH and testsig.so. This is the example:

05-27 06:13:11.074   928   932 W cdsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/apps_std_imp.c:805: Warning: apps_std_fopen_with_env failed with 0x2 for testsig.so (No such file or directory)
05-27 06:13:11.075  1260 10074 E [email protected]: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/apps_std_imp.c:596:Error 0xffffffff: apps_std getenv failed: ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH Unknown error -1

------------

We connected our partners from Samsung and they told us, that they faced the same problems. The solution for them was to request testsig for particular devices directly from Qualcomm. I that possible to get it for my devices and what are the next steps for me to do it?

Thank you

• Up0
  • Down0
rnoronha
Posted: Thu, 2021-06-03 16:34
Hi Nickolay,
Thanks for your question!

It seems that your testsig.so has not been generated in the location /vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp. You can check this on your device. The failure to run on the signed PD is a symptom of not having a signed device. A successful run of signer.py script, after accepting the Terms and Conditions, should generate the testsig.so and push it to the device.

Since you are already running the signer.py script, can you please share the logs you see when running the signer.py script on your rooted device.
Also, the "Error 0xffffffff: apps_std getenv failed: ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH Unknown error -1" error is seen only when you run the calculator on the signed PD, correct? Can you also please send us logcat for when the signer.py is running on your device?

Till we resolve the testsig issue, is it possible for you to work on the unsigned pd, which you said is working as expected?

Thanks
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.