Forums - An error occurred when running the calculator demo without root priority

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
An error occurred when running the calculator demo without root priority
Posted: Mon, 2020-11-30 05:17

Hey, I followed the step by step guide to building, loading and executing the calculator example on Android. Everything seems OK,  the example run on CPU passed while on DSP failed.

Device: IQOO with Snapdragon 865 without root priority.

I am not sure whether the `adb root` is needed. My device does not support it. So I can not put the `calculator` and `libcalculator.so  libcalculator_skel.so into `/vendor/*`.  I put them into `/data/local/tmp/vendor/*` since I can only access the `/data/local/tmp`. And I use the instructions in Remote File System and set the env `DSP_LIBRARY_PATH`, but it cannot work.

The error log is here.

---Starting calculator test

---Allocate 4000 bytes from ION heap

---Creating sequence of numbers from 0 to 999

---ERROR, Failed to load libcalculator.so

---Usage: /data/local/tmp/vendor/bin/calculator <1/0 run locally> <uint32 size>

It seems that it cannot find the libcalculator.so, so I changed the calculator_test.c.  I  changed it into `dlopen("/data/local/tmp/vendor/lib/libcalculator.so", RTLD_NOW);` and then run it. It could find the libcalculator.so, but it also encountered othr problems. The error log is here.

---Starting calculator test

---Allocate 4000 bytes from ION heap

---Creating sequence of numbers from 0 to 999

---Compute sum on the DSP

---Error: compute on DSP failed, nErr = 44

---Usage: ./calculator <1/0 run locally> <uint32 size>

I am not sure whether the error is because it could not find the libcalculator_skel.so. And I use logcat, but logcat cannot work as well.

The error log is here.

11-30 20:50:29.032 25608 25608 E libc    : Access denied finding property "ro.vendor.net.upload.benchmark.default"

Could anyone help me? Or could anyone tell me wthether the root priority is needed?

I really appreciate if anyone could help me.

• Up0
  • Down0
absdzxc
Posted: Fri, 2021-04-09 05:53

Same problem, hope this raise attention to this

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.