Forums - GNU Make environment variable mislocation (Hexagon_tools) --SDK v.3.2

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
GNU Make environment variable mislocation (Hexagon_tools) --SDK v.3.2
jfakidis
Posted: Sat, 2017-06-24 16:59

Hello, 

Currently our team is working with the InForce 6401 Developement Kit which functions as a breakout board for the Snapdragon 6006/600E Soc. 

I am currently the embedded software developer responsible for accessing DSP functionality on the Hexagon- DSP. 

Naturally, we installed the Hexagon SDK version 3.2. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My aim is to execute any of the example programs within the SDK. I have been at a loss as to how to do so successfully. Let me explain. 

Description of the issue: 

In the more recent versions of the SDK, the HEXAGON_Tools directory (necessary for execution) was replaced within the SDK hierarchy. I am aware of the new location in HEXAGON_SDK/3.2/tools/HEXAGON_Tools. 

Unfortunatly, the current configuration of the onboard GNU Make.d system ( HEXAGON_SDK/3.2/build/make.d) points all of its files towards the location of the old directory. The functionality of gnu make is utilized within each example folder and given the nature of the system all Makefiles seem to point at the previously reference make.d directory. 

I have been unsuccessful at pointing gnu make towards the new location for HEXAGON_Tools. A work around cited in the documentation promped usage of this command:

export HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT=/home/<my-home>/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.2/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.0.10

However, execution of this command did not warrant a solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My aim is to figure out how to configure gnu make such that all execution of make files in any example program folder ( with the make tree V=<targer-processor> command ) compiles successfully. 

Would anyone happen to have had similar issues or advice on the matter?

Regards,

JMF

• Up0
  • Down0
c_zhet
Posted: Sun, 2017-08-20 23:32

I think you can write a shell/python script to do this work. 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.