Forums - android phone has to be rooted?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
android phone has to be rooted?
ranjithbliss
Posted: Sat, 2017-05-20 06:16

Hi,

I am new to this group.

I have a basic question.

To run the sample application like calculator, should the device be rooted?

From the documentation Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.2/docs/calculator_android.html:

adb shell mkdir -p /vendor/bin/
adb push android_Debug/ship/calculator /vendor/bin/
adb shell chmod 777 /vendor/bin/calculator
adb push android_Debug/ship/libcalculator.so /system/lib/

I think without root access,  the files cannot be pushed to /vendor/bin/ or /system/lib.

Sometimes even with the root access those files cannot be pushed.

I tried to specify /data/local/tmp path. but when I run calculator executable I gor below error:

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/data/local/tmp/calculator": library "libcalculator.so" not found
Aborted (core dumped)

Finally I want an yes/no answer for this question:
Is it compulsory to push the files to /vendor/bin/ and /system/lib/ ?

• Up0
  • Down0
michael10
Posted: Sat, 2017-12-16 22:48

Did you ever get an answer or solve your problem?

• Up0
  • Down0
alu0100948226
Posted: Thu, 2019-03-28 09:43

To be able to link the shared object you must preload it yourself. to do so use the following command:

LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/libcalculator.so ./executable <option1> <option2> ....

This wont fix all your problems though, you must have signed the shared object, or have a debug signature. And I don't really know if it is reaaly compulsory to push files to those directories. As I understand it it isnt compulsory, But it could lead into other problems.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.