2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Command line tools
Helu
Posted: Mon, 2017-03-13 15:21

Hi all,-

I guess I have a lot of topics on my mind. But to get started ... :

Windows 10, command line tools 3.1... 

Running hexagon-sim <executable> works just fine eg. for the example bkfir found in:

C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\3.1\tools\HEXAGON_Tools\8.0.08\Examples\c_optimization\bkfir

Note: I had to edit the setup_sdk_env.cmd file in C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\3.1\ to include the PATH for the tools in order to run the MAKE.

Q1: Is there a way to run the simulator to singlestep through code? at C or ASM level??? and see registers, variables, memory etc.?

Q2: The example bkfir is quite fine in respect of showing some aspects of a FIR filter and illustrates the power of intrinsics - But wouldn't it be a natural intermediate step to look more closely at the assembly STAGE of the compiler. I can manage to get to that by doing a bit of

"hexagon-llvm-objdump  -disassemble bkfir.o"
Thereby getting almost the assembly code of whatever C version of the bkfir.c...
But I haven't found the option / switch / command for the compiler to emit that assembly code to me (with symbolic names for addresses)

Anybody with ideas on these topics?

Br,

Henrik 

• Up0
  • Down0
Helu
Posted: Wed, 2017-03-15 06:08

Ahhh - 

Related to my own Q1... 

hexagon-sim -interactive <exe-file> is the option to use to be able to single step... or run a number of cycles.

SHOWREGS toggle show of the registers on/off - STEP executes instruction packets

Dump show memory content

Nothing fancy - and only disassembly of the present instruction - no higher level / symbolic stuff.    

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.