Forums - Hexagon SDK 3.1 -- tools missing (8.0.08)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hexagon SDK 3.1 -- tools missing (8.0.08)
andreas0
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-19 19:58

The previous SDK 3.0 installer installs the following directory structure:

Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.0
Qualcomm/HEXAGON_Tools/7.2.12

The actual llvm tooling is in the HEXAGON_Tools directory.

The new SDK 3.1 installer installs only:

Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.1

I can't find the tools anywhere in the package (or any off the examples like the new gemm example). In particular there is no 8.0.08 directory anywhere (as the release notes indicate).

Also, the SDK 3.1 package is some 250 MB smaller than the 3.0 version.

Any chance that the actual tools were left out from the installer package?

I tried this on Ubuntu Linux with command line and with X11/GUI installation mode.

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Fri, 2017-01-20 03:35

Hexagn Tools are present @ Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.1/tools/HEXAGON_Tools

• Up0
  • Down0
jfakidis
Posted: Sat, 2017-06-24 15:54

Yes, this is the location of HEXAGON_tools. 

However, GNU Make files and dependencies in ver. 3.2 of the SDK still point to the old installation directory of HEXAGON_Tools rendering any Make command within any of the SDK's example programs completely useless. 

--

I have run this command:

export HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT=/home/<my-home>/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.2/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.0.10

to try and change the default location variable for the HEXAGON_Tools (as referenced in the Make user documentation at <my-home>/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.2/build/make.d ) to no avail. 

--

This issue is particularly frustrating. Would all the Makefile's for each example need to be changed as a result? How can I set up the system so that all of the examples point to the correct HEXAGON_Tools directory?

There has been no documentation with respect to this issue located in the docs folder of the SDK.

Jason

*/ */
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.