Forums - hexagon graphical profiler doesnot provide proper MCPS report

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
hexagon graphical profiler doesnot provide proper MCPS report
phalguna.kumar
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-19 02:31

Hi I was trying to profile a function and if the function runs for a few calls(say 1000) i get some cycles. But if i run the same function for 1500 times the profiler gives a total cycles which is less than the earlier case.

is there something that i am missing.

Please help

• Up0
  • Down0
phalguna.kumar
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-19 22:09

which one is reliable gprof or graphical profiler? graphical profiler gives me max mcps as well but i see that the cycle counter gets overflown.

Tool chain i am using is 5.0.10. gprof and graphical profiler gives different profile numbers.

Please help

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.