Forums - Windows 7 not recognising Open Q 820

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Windows 7 not recognising Open Q 820
akarsh.n.kolekar
Posted: Thu, 2016-12-29 21:20

I have connected the Open Q 820 to HP Probook running Windows 7 via USB cable. The USB 2.0 is connected to laptop and the micro USB is connected to the board. The USB debugging has been set ON in Developer Options on the board. I have installed the FT232R drivers on the laptop as well. However, when I open Devices and Printers in Control Panel, it just shows up as FT232R USB Driver, and when I open Android Studio to run a project, it does not show up on devices connected. When I connect my other Andoid device(Moto X Play-using Snapdragon), it shows up as an MTP device on Devices and Printers and it also shows up on devices connected when I try to run a project on Android Studio.

What could be the problem? How to resolve it? Are there any other drivers to be installed? 

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Sun, 2017-01-08 00:54

If you want to use hexagon, you can install usb drivers from hexagon SDK from the location 

<SDKROOT>/tools/debug/usb/

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.