Hi, I am new for Hexagon simulator.

I use Hexagon IDE 3.0 on windows 7 .

When I run my program it give me as following

Done!
T0: Insns=256383972 Tcycles=98229382
T1: Insns=0 Tcycles=0
T2: Insns=0 Tcycles=0
Total: Insns=256383972 Pcycles=294688864

I wonder which one I should use to estimate how many MIPS my program need to run Tcycles or Pcycles?

Why Pcycles is three times to Tcycles?

Thank you very much

Thomas

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-22 23:17

The equation used in SIM for TCYCLES would be:

Thread cycles = Processor cycles / Number of h/w threads

This assumes IMT – interleaved multi threading where h/w schedules each thread in a round robin fashion effectively sharing processor cycles equally across all available h/w threads.

The hexagon architecture used here has 3 threaded model; hence you see a /3 for Tcycles w.r.t Pcycles.

Coming to MCPS (Cycles per second and not Instructions per second), they will have to use Tcycles because effectively those are the cycles spent to run their code; Remaining processor cycles are equally distributed (T2 and T3 in the example below).

For MIPS, one has to use Instructions and not Tcycles. 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.