Forums - No Debugging info on Mini-dm for sensors

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
No Debugging info on Mini-dm for sensors
seshareddy.amma
Posted: Thu, 2016-07-14 04:02

Dear All,

I am working on snapdragon 820 to develop the SSC. When I am trying to run the mini-dm tool to check for the debugging information about the sensor connected, No information is getting printed in the com port.

But I am able to observe sensor information on the QsensorTest app.

The recent documentation on the sensor device driver preparation shows that the debugging is changed from MSG_SSID_QDSP6 to MSG_SSID_SNS flag.

Please let me know if there is any solutions for it!!!!

• Up0
  • Down0
MAANSYW
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-19 16:49

Hi,

If you are using mini-dm then please continue to use MSG_SSID_QDSP6 type of logs.

Could you please point us to where you found information on "The recent documentation on the sensor device driver preparation shows that the debugging is changed from MSG_SSID_QDSP6 to MSG_SSID_SNS flag."? We'd like to correct any documentation that communicates this.

Thanks
Maansy

• Up0
  • Down0
seshareddy.amma
Posted: Sat, 2016-07-30 03:30

I am very sorry for late reply,, YES,, you are right sir!!! I have given you that statement reverse, and we tried reverse too. Which made us lot of confusion and waste of time. we have changed that MSG code to MSG_SSID_SNS form from QDSP6. When we tried on 800 also its same (QDSP6).

But when i came to 820, first i couldn't get any messages so that, we changed it to MSG_SSID_SNS. Now we are getting it with the QDSP6 itself (which took some implementation time).

Thanks for your Great Support!!!!!!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.