Forums - SDK 2.0 examples compatibility across different chipsets

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SDK 2.0 examples compatibility across different chipsets
jdonald
Posted: Fri, 2016-03-11 18:45

Thanks to the Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/2.0/tools/scripts/*_walkthrough.sh scripts, it has been relatively easy to test across a number of devices. At our office we have a Snapdragon 800 Dragonboard, 810 MDP phone, Open-Q 820 dev kit, 820 MDP phone, and 820 MDP tablet.

Long story short, here is a grid of our success or failure at running DSP code across the four walkthrough examples:

calculator      calculator_multi   downscaleBy2      cornerApp

800          pass                    fail                       pass                      fail

810          pass                    pass                    pass                     pass

820          pass                    pass                     fail                        fail

We are using both the Linux and Windows SDKs dated January 18th, 2016. We unfortunately don't have any 805 development boards to test with.

To be specific on the failure signatures, calculator_multi is unable to find libmdsprpc.so while the two dspCV examples (downscaleBy2 and cornerApp) can fail with an error code from dspCV_initQ6(). And in fact even the cases where I've marked calculator_multi as a pass, it fails to run on the mDSP while the aDSP calculation does succeed.

Originally we were hoping to primarily develop on the Snapdragon 820 with Hexagon 680, but the limited success there is what led us to go back and test older devices. It's quite a hindrance if we cannot use dspCV at all on the newest DSP.

Are these results in line with how SDK 2.0 is supposed to work? In that case, are there other dspCV examples or some way to get these working on Snapdragon 820?

We have yet to try the add-on for HVX or the FastCV SDK, but can look into that next if it's necessary.

• Up0
  • Down0
hc9999dragon
Posted: Sun, 2016-03-13 20:56

Hello, 

I have a problem running image processing example following the docs on APQ8049,I got an segment error when I run the program. Any idea?

Best Regards!

Han

• Up0
  • Down0
chenna
Posted: Mon, 2016-03-14 00:11

mdsp images are not supported in this build, so it is expected to fail on mdsp

For running fastcv examples on 820, you should use hvx addon and Please let me know if you still see issues with fastv examples using hvx addon

• Up0
  • Down0
jdonald
Posted: Mon, 2016-03-14 12:25

hc9999dragon,

I assume you meant APQ8094. The docs refer to examples/common/image_processing, yet the file is in examples/camera/image_processing, so I assume those docs are out of date. I haven't focused on that example yet since it doesn't have any corresponding *_walkthrough.sh

chenman,

Thanks. Installing the HVX add-on seemed to do the track. I get passing results from both downsampleBy2 and cornerApp on the Snapdragon 820 tablet now:

calling downscaleBy2_scaleDownBy2 on a 1920x1080 image...
run time of downscaleBy2_scaleDownBy2: 2963764 microseconds for 1000 iterations
DSP-measured duration (for single, last invocation): 802 microseconds 
return value from downscaleBy2_scaleDownBy2: 0 
Number of bit-exact errors: 0 
calling dspCV_deinitQ6()... 
return value from dspCV_deinitQ6(): 0 

- success

---- Run cornerApp Example on aDSP ----

initq6 done...
Num corners detected: 60. Expected: 60 
run time of corner detection: 485342 microseconds for 100 iterations
deinit done...
cornerApp SUCCESS

Done

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.