Forums - llvm compiler seems broken

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
llvm compiler seems broken
kevinlisnr
Posted: Tue, 2015-09-22 08:43

After installing the SDK, I've tried building any example/hello world with it and it doesn't work. The compiler seems to output an error that I found associated online with an older build of LLVM.

https://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=13755

Are others having this same issue or is there another build that is updated with this fixed?

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2015-09-28 11:40

What version of the SDK and what version of the Hexagon Tools are you using?

When installing the SDK the tool installer will run and ask you a few questions, did you choose offline or online install and for either did the tool installer report any errors?  If so you can find the logs here: C:\Qualcomm\HEXAGON_Tools\6.4.03\Uninstall_Hexagon_Tools\Logs

• Up0
  • Down0
kevinlisnr
Posted: Fri, 2015-10-02 06:39

I chose offline install and I didn't notice any errors during install. Hexagon tools are version 6.4.03 and SDK is version 2.0.

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2015-10-02 11:42

Have you tried building the ./examples/common/calculator example?

cd examples/common/calculator

make tree V=hexagon_Debug_dynamic

• Up0
  • Down0
kevinlisnr
Posted: Wed, 2015-10-07 07:26

This does not build. Any attempt to compile code with llvm crashes due to that bug.

• Up0
  • Down0
kevinlisnr
Posted: Wed, 2015-11-11 08:07

Using a newer 7.2.x tools does not have this problem now.

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2015-11-11 09:04

That's strange, we test all the examples in the SDK so for us the examples build successfully with 6.4.  Something else must be happening here.  Any else you may have changed from the default SDK install?

• Up0
  • Down0
kevinlisnr
Posted: Wed, 2015-11-11 09:44

I'm not sure what was happening, but I'm fairly certain I followed the instructions on setup. It's also interesting because the new builds I got included also 6.4.06 along with 7.2 and those examples also compile now with that incremental 6.4.x update. Now that I have a working compiler, I'm going to just move forward.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.