Forums - DSP image target for android[SOLVED]

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DSP image target for android[SOLVED]
harry.morris
Posted: Tue, 2015-09-01 04:52

Hi, me again!

I managed to make a hexagon c++ application in eclipse and it seemed to run fine. However when I try to run a c++ project using the template 'helloworld android executable' it shows an error 'Error, no device or DLL configuration found in this project'. In the run configuration there is a target tab that asks for the dsp image directory and shared object location. I tried entering the locaton of the images supplied in the hexagon SDK but no dll configurations are appearing I have tried almost all the folders inside the images directory but nothing seems to happen. I can run the sanity check on the dsp image on the adsptest-run.cmd and it seems to work fine. 

I have read through the documentation but there does not appear to be anything on how to configure the android native application target image. If you could point me to any documentation that covers it or advise me on what I need to do that would be greatly appreciated many thanks,

Harry

• Up0
  • Down0
harry.morris
Posted: Fri, 2015-09-04 06:41

To clarify my problem:

I can run a hexagon c++ project as a hexagon c++ application, the console shows the dsp image simulation working and outputting the correct information. 

Upon trying the steps in 

file:///C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/2.0/docs/eclipse_target_debug.html

I sucessfully import the two libraries needed and I'm able to compile them. 

However in the "debug as hexagon attach to application" section of setting up the libcalculator_skel project I get an error:

"Cannot run program "adb" (in directory ".") createprocess: error = 2, the system cannot find the file specified.

As far as I'm aware the adb is the adb.h in "C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\2.0\tools\android-ndk-r10d\platforms\android-21\arch-arm\usr\include\linux" This seems to be in the right subfolder. 

In my NDK location I have set "C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\2.0\tools\android-ndk-r10d" as the directory, anything else comes up with the error "not a valid ndk directory".

Any help would be appreciated!

many thanks for your time

Harry

• Up0
  • Down0
harry.morris
Posted: Mon, 2015-09-07 03:52

I found the solution to my problem. For some reason even though I set the correct directory in window>preferences>andorid for the android sdk my system variable ANDROID_SDK_HOME was set to "C:\users\harry.morris" instead of "C:\users\harry.morris\androidsdk". After changing the variable to the correct value I could finally run the hexagon application as a android native application. You can find your system variables by going to project>properties>c++ build>build variables and selecting "show system variables".

I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

• Up0
  • Down0
harry.morris
Posted: Fri, 2015-10-16 01:42

Just to clarify the above solution is incorrect and will actually break the SDK, the ANDROID_SDK_HOME was orginally pointing to the correct directory and setting it to the ROOT directory will not fix anything only make matters worse. The error from could not find adb in directory "." is caused by not adding the adb directory to your path, simply add the directory of adb.exe to your PATH variable and it should solve the problem.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.