Forums - HEXAGON_Tools missing

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
HEXAGON_Tools missing
harry.morris
Posted: Wed, 2015-08-26 04:32

The first time I installed the SDK the installer could not connect to the internet and so I had to manually downlaod Eclipse and the other pieces of software. At the time it installed the HEXAGON_Tools folder with all the proper tools. I managed to get an internet connection and so I uninstalled the SDK and its HEXAGON_Tools folder, I then ran hte installer and everything seemed to work except my HEXAAGTON_Tools folder did not reappear. The Eclipse IDE works fine except it is missing the that folder which it requires. I have uninstalled and reinstalled using a newly downloaded SDK installer but it makes no difference.

How do I get the tools installer and how do I prevent this from happenening again?

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2015-08-26 09:08

The Hexagon SDK installer checks the registry to determine if the Hexagon Tools are installed.  Please uninstall the Hexagon tools via windows control panel (add/remove programs/Programs and Features) and then rerun the Hexagon SDK installer.

As an alternative you can remove the following key from the registry (last resort):

HKLM: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hexagon_Tools

• Up0
  • Down0
harry.morris
Posted: Fri, 2015-08-28 01:46

Thanks a bunch, my work disables control panel so it didn't uninstall properly. Deleted the registry and it works like a charm, thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.