Forums - Unable to build HelloHexagon (Halide HVX) example for Hexagon target hardware

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unable to build HelloHexagon (Halide HVX) example for Hexagon target hardware
vinvs2017
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-09 01:16

Hi QDN,

I am trying to build and execute the HelloHexagon example available in the following path, on a Hexagon target hardware :

/home/ubutnu/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.3.0/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.1.04/Tools/Halide/Examples/HelloHexagon

This is the Halide HVX implementation.

Initially I setup the environment using the following script:

/home/ubutnu/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.3.0/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.1.04/Tools/Halide/Examples/setup-env.sh

I get the following error in the output:

readlink: /home/ubutnu/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.3.0/tools/android-ndk-r14b/install/android-21/arch-arm64: No such file or directory

The android-ndk-r14-b/install folder is NOT available in the Android NDK r14b installation.

I am building the HelloHexagon example code using the test-Hello-app-android.sh script.

But I get the following error during execution of the script:

./test-Hello-app-android: line 25: /home/ubutnu/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.3.0/tools/android-ndk-r14b/install/android-21/arch-arm64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-c++: No such file or directory

Kindly help me resolve the above issue.

BRs,

Vin

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-09 01:58

This is because you selected minimal Android ndk while installing. You need to install full android ndk . 

Either install SDK again by selecting full android NDK . 

or manually download from https://www.intrinsyc.com/hexagonsdk/linux/android-ndk-r14b-linux-x86_64... and extract to SDK tools folder  after removing the exising android-ndk-r14b folder in your SDK. 

Regards, 

chenna 

• Up0
  • Down0
vinvs2017
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-09 04:04

Hi Chenna,

Thank you for your comments.

I had installed the same package from the same link as you specified. Anyways I downloaded it again and did a re-install.

The problem still exists. It's not resolved.

BRs,

Vin

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-09 04:20

can you try changing this line 

export ANDROID_ARM64_TOOLCHAIN=${ANDROID_ARM64_TOOLCHAIN:-"$ANDROID_NDK_HOME/install/android-21/arch-arm64"}

to 

export ANDROID_ARM64_TOOLCHAIN=${ANDROID_ARM64_TOOLCHAIN:-"$ANDROID_NDK_HOME/platforms/android-21/arch-arm64"}

in Hexagon_SDK\3.3.0\tools\HEXAGON_Tools\8.1.04\Tools\Halide\Examples\setup-env.sh

• Up0
  • Down0
vinvs2017
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-09 04:47

Hi Chenna,

I tried your suggestion.

Now I get the following error :

./test-Hello-app-android: line 25: /home/ubutnu/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.3.0/tools/android-ndk-r14b/platforms/android-21/arch-arm64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-c++: No such file or directory

The problem that I see is that there is no 'bin' folder in the android-ndk-r14b/platforms/android-21/arch-arm64 directory, in my installation.

Please find the screenshot of the arch-arm64 folder contents attached.

EDIT: Somehow the screenshot image is not visible after clicking 'Save'.

The only folder I have in android-ndk-r14b/platforms/android-21/arch-arm64 directory is,

-> usr/

There is no other folder in this path.

BRs,

Vin

• Up0
  • Down0
kolachana
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-09 09:08

Did you create stand-alone tool chain as specified in tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.1.04/Tools/Halide/Examples/README?

• Up0
  • Down0
vinvs2017
Posted: Mon, 2017-11-13 01:01

Thank you Ravi, for the suggestion.

After creating stand-alone toolchain as in the README I got the /bin folder (and many others) installed in platforms/android-21/arch-arm64 folder. I had run this earlier. But hadn't passed the '--force' flag to the command line arguments of the script.

After the above steps, when I execute HelloHexagon/test-Hello-app-android.sh, i get the following error:

process.cpp:1:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
 #include <stdio.h>
                   ^
compilation terminated.
+ result=1
+ cat

BRs,

Vin

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.