Forums - Integration HLOS/Elite Framework

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Integration HLOS/Elite Framework
raphaelbraga
Posted: Thu, 2015-10-22 11:32

Hi, 

I would like to create an application in Android platform that uses the aDSP Elite Framework to run customized CAPIv2 modules. My goal is to run in either a Dragonboard 8074 or a rooted LG's G3. Once both have a Snapdragon SoC integrated, I guess that there is no problem. I tried to search in the Qualcomm documentation something about HLOS development, but I didn't have success, I just found something for the calculator example which uses FastRPC. I don't know if I'm having the right understanding, but for Audio Customization Modules, the HLOS access is not by FastRPC, right? If I am right, please provide me some documentation to help me on it!

I apologize if I am misunderstanding the concepts, I am new in DSP programming.

Best regards.

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2015-10-26 13:46

What hlos access to the dsp are you looking for?

With the hexagon sdk you can add your own capi_v2 based audio modules to the audio (elite) framework.  Once added they will be loaded and used by the audio framework without hlos involvement.  I would recommend following the audio walkthrough in the sdk.

In general:

- create capi_v2 module

- use amdb_mgr or qact lite to add the module

- create and configure an audio topology that uses the module

- set that topology for one or more of the use cases

FastRPC will allow you to offload work to the DSP but does not provide access to the audio process domain.

• Up0
  • Down0
raphaelbraga
Posted: Mon, 2015-10-26 16:01

Hello jmay,  

I'm going to explain you what I want my application to do, so like this you will have a clear idea. I want a CAPIv2 module that makes some processing like dereveberation, wiener filtering, etc. So I want to get some audio files as input (saved in an Android folder), process it in the hexagon aDSP using this module on the Elite framework and get the output back and save it at the same folder of the input (for example).

I think I've understood most of what you said, but as soon as I create the module, add it, create and configure the audio topology, in my mind I need to set it and use it from the HLOS, isn't it? My doubt is how do I call the Elite framework passing the input and get the ouput from the HLOS?

I will check out the audio walkthrough again and I will see if I missed something there.

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate that!

• Up0
  • Down0
hkhan
Posted: Tue, 2015-10-27 23:36

Hi,

Which SDK version and Dragon board are you using?

To start with, please go through audio examples @ 'C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\<SDK_VERSION>\examples\audio'.

For SDK2.0: Please refer to 'file:///C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/2.0/docs/Audio/Applications.html'.

For SDK1.2.1: Please refer to 'file:///C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/1.2.1/docs/audio.html'

Also, QACT Lite provides a GUI based real time calibration of audio modules.

You can also refer to compute offload to DSP with calculator walkthrough example @ file:///C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/2.0/docs/Examples_Compute%20offload.html#calculator

OR 

file:///C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/1.2.1/docs/examples.html#calculator

Thanks,

Haseeb

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.