Forums - QCA7000 SPI Interface

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA7000 SPI Interface
Posted: Fri, 2020-04-17 00:55

I am a researcher developing a vehicle-to-grid digital communication interface for an electric vehicle charger. I am making use of the Qualcomm QCA7005 Serial-to-Powerline Bridge chip and trying to connect this chip to the host processor (embedded Linux SBC) over SPI. I have developed all the necessary hardware and installed the qca7000 linux drivers on the host but continuously get the following errors when connecting to the SPI Slave port of the QCA7005:

qcaspi spi0.0: Invalid signature (0x0000)

qcaspi: probe of spi0.0 failed with error -14

I have tried different configurative pin strapping options as indicated in the datasheet but keep getting the same errors. Any advise on this? Online support seems to very limited for this particular chip.

• Up0
  • Down0
pedro.rivera
Posted: Tue, 2020-05-19 01:42

I'm having similar problems. To start with, where does one get access to the datasheet? This QCA7000 is obscurely documented.

• Up0
  • Down0
radoslaw.pietrzyk
Posted: Wed, 2020-06-24 05:26

The same from mu side although for a signature request 0xDA I get 0xFFFF therefore the chip does not answer at all (checked on logic analyzer). There are very little information regarding this chip and it's really hard to debug why the chip does not answer.

• Up0
  • Down0
kanji.viroja
Posted: Thu, 2021-10-07 00:04

Hi,

Did you resolve that issue? If yes, Then please share solution. 

Thanks & Regards,

Kanji Viroja.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.