Forums - DownscaleBy2 example(on-target) Work Problem

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
DownscaleBy2 example(on-target) Work Problem
Eric.CW_Chang
Posted: Tue, 2016-06-28 04:55

Hi

I am new to use Hexagon and DSP. My SDK is Hexagon 2.0(qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0.exe and qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_hvx_addon_2_0.exe),
and I have signed my device(MSM8996)
I use example : downscaleBy2 and try to test Hexagon and DSP funcion of my my device(MSM8996).
I did the following two tests in Hexagon documemtation:
1.DownscaleBy2 example on-target:
   Succeeded in finishing the below steps:
      1.make V=hexagon_Release_dynamic
         make V=android_Release
      2.adb root adb remount adb mkdir -p /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
         adb push android_Release/ship/downscaleBy2 /data/local 
         adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/downscaleBy2 
         adb push hexagon_Release_dynamic/ship/libdownscaleBy2_skel.so /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
         adb push ../../../lib/fastcv/dspCV/hexagon_Release_dynamic/ship/libdspCV_skel.so /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
         adb push ../../../lib/common/apps_mem_heap/ship/hexagon_Release_dynamic/libapps_mem_heap.so /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
     3.adb shell stop mpdecision
        adb shell "echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online"
        adb shell "echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor"
     4.adb shell ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH=/system/lib/rfsa/adsp /data/local/downscaleBy2

but the execution result is fail, output show: 
        return value from dspCV_initQ6() : -1
        src/downscaleBy2.c:109::error: -1: 0 == retVal
        error: -1
        calling dspCV_deinitQ6()...
        return value from dspCV_deinitQ6(): -1
        - failure

2.Building and Running for Hexagon V60 with HVX:
   Succeeded in finishing the below steps:
     1.make tree V=hexagon_ReleaseG_dynamic_toolv72_v60
        make tree V=android_ReleaseG
     2.adb root adb wait-for-device
        adb remount adb push hexagon_ReleaseG_dynamic_toolv72_v60\ship\libdownscaleBy2_skel.so /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
        adb push android_Release/ship/downscaleBy2 /data/local adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/downscaleBy2
        adb push ../../../lib/fastcv/dspCV/hexagon_ReleaseG_dynamic_toolv72_v60/ship/libdspCV_skel.so /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
        adb push ../../../lib/common/apps_mem_heap/ship/hexagon_ReleaseG_dynamic_toolv72_v60/libapps_mem_heap.so /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
     3.adb shell ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH=/system/lib/rfsa/adsp /data/local/downscaleBy2

but the execution result is fail, output show:
        return value from dspCV_initQ6() : -1 
        src/downscaleBy2.c:109::error: -1: 0 == retVal
        error: -1 calling dspCV_deinitQ6()...
        return value from dspCV_deinitQ6(): -1
        - failure

Could you help me to check this problem
and how to check the Hexagon and DSP funcion of my my device works, or not?
Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
chenna
Posted: Thu, 2016-06-30 02:06

for running on MSM8996 you should build toolv72_v60 variants as you ran in your second test, first test is not valid on msm8996,

make tree V=hexagon_Release_dynamic builds for v5, so you should use 

make tree V=hexagon_Release_dynamic_toolv72_v60

Can you please run mindm before running downscaleby2 by following the below steps and share the minidm output

1. cd tools/mini-dm/WinNT_Debug

2. mini-dm.exe —comport <port number>

• Eg: mini-dm.exe —comport com35

• Port number can be discovered by running the tools/scripts/com_finder.py script

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.