Forums - --sim_in option in hexagon-sim

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
--sim_in option in hexagon-sim
linhung
Posted: Mon, 2018-05-07 02:25

Hi

I am a newbie in  DSP.  After I downloaded Hexagon SDK v3.3.3 (Windows) , I got some basic questions about DSP.

I am confused of how to use --sim_in option in hexagon-sim.

I have read through Hexagon Simulator System API in the User Guide and  the code (capi_v2_voice_imc) in Examples\Audio\ but still can't figure it out.

I found that in capi_v2_voice_imc, it uses program arguments for input file. In the code, only fopen, fread are used to read the input file.

My question is if I use fopen and fread to load data, for example a WAV audio file, does it mean that I have loaded data into DSP? If so, why do some function like WriteCache, WriteVectorRegister exist.

Plus, it would be really appreciating if there are some basic Hexagon DSP tutorial resources provided.

Thanks in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
sumeerb
Posted: Mon, 2019-02-11 20:32

Are there any Hexagon DSP tutorials and simulator usage available? These QDN threads are kept open for so long, do you really want to provide support for your platform?

• Up0
  • Down0
Helu
Posted: Mon, 2019-02-11 23:37

Hi there - 

I haven't followed it for a long time - thanx God... In my opinion this forum is very poor and the support given from Q same ... 
I can't figure out whats the 'game' with this platform .... initially Q made some adds and talks about it in public and then after that .... nothing. 

My understanding of this is that the Hexagon platform is only something for special invited big companies and the rest POOOF (like suppose you imagine to write apps or DSP SW components something and sell it as a freelancer ...... ?!?)

I haven't checked lately - but the PATH setup for windows was lacking a few lines to be able to exec the examples on the command line etc. -.... 

Compiler and stuff ? Not bad at all ....  

Well in short.... good luck    

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.