Forums - Where is hexagon-sim called from

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where is hexagon-sim called from
naveen.francis
Posted: Mon, 2018-02-19 21:59

Hi,

I'm using the Linux version 3.3.2 of the SDK, and have successfully run the CAPIV2 examples simply by executing the make command. However, I couldn't see where hexagon-sim is called from. How does running the make command also run the project? Could someone point out where the hexagon-sim is called from?

Regards,

Naveen

• Up0
  • Down0
DavidZ
Posted: Tue, 2018-02-20 13:05

I am using Window version. It should be similar with Linux.

In my case , it is located in:

..../Hexagon_SDK/3.3.2/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.1.05/Tools/bin

Cheers,

• Up0
  • Down0
naveen.francis
Posted: Wed, 2018-02-21 00:32

Hi David,

Actually I was confused about how executing the make command, also runs the executable. I am aware of the location of hexagon-sim, but not sure how the make command calls hexagon-sim. I'm not able to see the call to hexagon-sim anywhere..

Thanks,

Naveen

• Up0
  • Down0
DavidZ
Posted: Wed, 2018-02-21 11:20

I am using Hexagon IDE in Window.

You should be able to see that when you use unit test project, such as test_capi_v2... under eclipse. In that project, you should see the call hexagon-sim in Run Configurations->HexagonC/C++ Application->test_capiv2_....->Simulator.

Hope linux is similar.

Good luck..

• Up0
  • Down0
DavidZ
Posted: Wed, 2018-02-21 11:20

I am using Hexagon IDE in Window.

You should be able to see that when you use unit test project, such as test_capi_v2... under eclipse. In that project, you should see the call hexagon-sim in Run Configurations->HexagonC/C++ Application->test_capiv2_....->Simulator.

Hope linux is similar.

Good luck..

• Up0
  • Down0
e.raju789
Posted: Fri, 2018-03-09 02:10

Hi Naveen, 

Makefile includes min files and finally defines_hexagon_8_1.min file present at Hexagon_SDK\3.3.2\build\make.d.ext\hexagon\ will be included if you use 8.1.05 toolset. This file has all the compilation flags and  locations of tool binaries such as hexagon-sim, hexagon-ar. 

AR=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-ar#

CC=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-clang#
CXX=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-clang++#
LD=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-clang#
FEZ=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-size#
STRIP=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-strip#
SIM=$(HEXAGON_BIN)$(HEXAGON_NAME)-sim#

• Up0
  • Down0
naveen.francis
Posted: Fri, 2018-03-09 06:29

Hi,

Thank you for the response, exactly what I was looking for!

Kind Regards,

Naveen

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.