Forums - How to run examples

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to run examples
xavier12358
Posted: Tue, 2019-01-29 07:39

Hello,

I recently download the FastCV SDK. I want to compile the examples supplied with it.

I go into samples/fastcvdemo and I tape : make

I get that error:

Host OS was auto-detected: linux
Android NDK: WARNING:jni/apis/featureDetection/Android.mk:fastcvFeatDetect: non-system libraries in linker flags: -lfastcv    
Android NDK:     This is likely to result in incorrect builds. Try using LOCAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES    
Android NDK:     or LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES instead to list the library dependencies of the    
Android NDK:     current module    
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xavier/Qualcomm/fastcv-android-1-7-1/samples/fastcvdemo'
/home/xavier/android-ndk-r14b/build/core/build-binary.mk:687: Android NDK: Module fastcvFeatDetect depends on undefined modules: fastcv log GLESv2    
/home/xavier/android-ndk-r14b/build/core/build-binary.mk:700: *** Android NDK: Aborting (set APP_ALLOW_MISSING_DEPS=true to allow missing dependencies)    .  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xavier/Qualcomm/fastcv-android-1-7-1/samples/fastcvdemo'
Makefile:54: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

How to use the Makefile file? I don't really understand own to generate my exe file.

• Up0
  • Down0
hs.chaya
Posted: Mon, 2021-02-01 22:10

Hi,

Follow below steps to build fastcv application with Hexagon SDK 64-bit, if you're platform is different means please replay which platform you're using

FastCV SDK environment setup

1. FastCV SDK download

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/fast-cv-sdk/tools

Download v1.7.1 for Linux Embedded

1. FastCV installation and compilation

The FastCV binary file is fastcv-installer-linuxembedded-1-7-1.bin. Follow the steps below to install it:

chmod 777 fastcv-installer-linuxembedded-1-7-1.bin

./fastcv-installer-linuxembedded-1-7-1.bin

Building Sample Applications

fastcvSimpleTest using Hexagon sdk 64-bit

1. Download Hexagon DSP SDK from Qualcomm developer network

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/hexagon-dsp-sdk

2. Download gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz

http://releases.linaro.org/archive/14.11/components/toolchain/binaries/aarch64-linux-gnu

Extract the tar file and copy folder gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu

To <Hexagon_SDK_ROOT>/tools/ folder.

Rename gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu folder to linaro64.

3. Copy the fastcvSimpleTest folder inside <Hexagon_SDK_ROOT>/examples/common/.

Copy 64-bit libfastcv.a from libs provided in the fastcv sdk

(fastcv-1-7-1_LinuxEmbedded\lib\64-bit\libfastcv.a) to

<Hexagon_SDK_ROOT>/examples/common/fastcvSimpleTest/lib/ folder.

4. Open a new terminal from the root directory <Hexagon_SDK_ROOT> of the Hexagon SDK

and run setup_sdk_env.source.

This script configures the local environment. These changes are not persistent in the

terminal instance, so you must run setup_sdk_env.source on each terminal you want to

develop in.

$ cd < Hexagon SDK root directory, default is: ~/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/<version>>

$ source setup_sdk_env.source

5. Change the directory to fastcvSimpleTest folder

cd examples/common/fastcvSimpleTest

Execute command: make tree V=UbuntuARM_Debug_aarch64

6. A folder with name "UbuntuARM_Debug_aarch64" should get generated in

the fastcvSimpleTest folder. It will contain the fastcvSimpleTest binary file.

FastCV SDK Test

1. Push the fastcvSimpleTest binary file in the target:

adb push

<Hexagon_SDK_ROOT>\examples\common\fastcvSimpleTest\UbuntuARM_Debug_aarch64\s

hip\fastcvSimpleTest /usr/bin/

2. Change bin permissions and execute the fastcvSimpleTest:

adb shell chmod 777 /usr/bin/fastcvSimpleTest

adb shell /usr/bin/fastcvSimpleTest

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.