Forums - FastCV is very slow when running on Hexagon DSP

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
FastCV is very slow when running on Hexagon DSP
gutao
Posted: Thu, 2017-07-20 02:27

Hello,

I am currently using fastcv on Samsung S7 cellphone which is based on Qualcomm 820 Soc.

I am trying to use fastcv to speed up the gaussion filter with fcvFilterGaussian11x11u8 API.

Firstly, I call the  fcvFilterGaussian11x11u8 API which runs on ARM CPU by using fcvSetOperationMode(FASTCV_OP_CPU_PERFORMANCE) and get the following result of execution time:  18.8ms.

Then, I switch the mode to Hexagon DSP by using fcvSetOperationMode(FASTCV_OP_LOW_POWER) and get the following result of execution: 52.5ms !

I guess the difference between ARM CPU and Hexagon DSP is too huge to understand. Did anyone have any experience with this?

B.T.W, I am using Java JNI to call the native C function where fcvFilterGaussian11x11u8 is called, and the image size is 1280x1024 with 8bit gray value.

BR

Tao

• Up0
  • Down0
tduan
Posted: Fri, 2017-09-15 16:17

Yes.  I have similar experience.  I run an audio filter on Hexagon DSP.  It is very slow.  By profiling I find out that most time is consumed on FastRPC audio data transfer. 

FastCV uses FastRPC data transfer too.

Tduan

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.