Forums - visual studio link error

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
visual studio link error
jorgeCR
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 08:20

hey forum, i try to create a simple AR plugin for unreal engine 4 , at ready done in opencv but work at low FPS so dont work for me, i found fastCV from forums, seems like a better choice, i decide begin my adventure again, but i have a little problem!, is posible use the .lib on visual studio? i link and set the proper .lib folder also the include dir, but still have unresolver externals when i try to use whatever fcv function!

in order to archive this i get my webcam with direct show from windows, and i try to use whatever i need from fcv to the image data char* 

some c++ guru help me with this!

Greetings!!!

• Up0
  • Down0
jorgeCR
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 08:42

je seems fastcv just work in x86 my bad, anyway when i compile stiil give me link errors but this time have 6 missmatchs!, this is not good!, i recompile all in release mode and still give this 2 mismatch link errors:

1>libfastcv.lib(fastcvFilterC.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1700' doesn't match value '1800' in main.obj
1>libfastcv.lib(fastcvKMeansTreeSearchC.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1700' doesn't match value '1800' in main.obj

anyone can help me with this? 

Greetings

• Up0
  • Down0
ronaldk
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 09:14

There are a few thing you need to check.

1. Which version of Visual Studio are you using? 2010 or 2012? 

Depending on this, please make sure you use the correct library for corresponding Visual Studio.

2. Which "Runtime Library" do you use? To check, go to your project right click and choose Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library.

Please make sure if you use MTd or MT, you link the libfastcv.lib from MT directory.

3. Under Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependency, make sure you add libfastcv.lib with correct path. You can add additional path at Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Linker -> General

Hope it works.

• Up0
  • Down0
jorgeCR
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 09:29

hi ronald thanks for the anwser!, not i am on visual studio 2013 seems is this the problem, i think, 

i am using MD and Linker->General is correctly set, i also change to MT with the correspond lib Path but mismatch remainds

i read on stackoverflow the problems is because the .lib from vs2012 is uncompatible with vs2013, i keep research about this! uncompatibility is crap for me!, i need solve this

if you know something else i apreciate your help

Greetings!

• Up0
  • Down0
ronaldk
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 10:08

Unfortunately, currently, there is no library for Visual Studio 2013.

And you can't use the VS2012 or VS2010 for VS2013.

• Up0
  • Down0
jorgeCR
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 12:35

yep i see very bad for my goals, i fact i cant used in vs2013, so cant integrate to unreal, i watch for another solutions thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.