Forums - Deferred rendering for chained subpasses

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deferred rendering for chained subpasses
sebastien.gachoud
Posted: Tue, 2023-04-04 06:00

Hi,

I am trying to trigger deferred rendering for 2 * N subpasses with each couple of subpasses taking the same 2D images of depth and color as input and outputing a new color in a common result image.

It works for a single couple as you can see below:

I am still wondering what it loads from GMEM, but at least it seems to merge the subpass 0 with the subpass 1 (Surface 185 is ImGUI).

But for 2 or more couples:

all the subpasses are split. Is it simply not possible or could someone point me to potential issues in this setup that could prevent the driver to merge all subpasses?

Thank you in advance for any help, do not hesitate to tell me if I do not provide enough details.

Best regards,

Sebastien Gachoud

• Up0
  • Down0
sebastien.gachoud
Posted: Tue, 2023-04-04 06:54

For some reason, the image containing the diagram of the subpasses does not show up in the post, any hint why?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.