Forums - Graphical artefacts on devices with Adreno 600 series gpus

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Graphical artefacts on devices with Adreno 600 series gpus
bkerec
Posted: Tue, 2023-02-21 06:52

Hello,

We encountered a situation where a specific combination of shader instructions produce graphical artefacts on all our devices with Adreno 600 gpus (Pixel 3A, Pixel 3XL, Moto G82, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy A22). Devices with Areno 500 (Moto G6, Pixel 1) and the ones with Adreno 700 (Xiaomi 12) are all fine and the ones with Mali gpu (Pixel 6, Galaxy Z Flip4, Galaxy A52, Galaxy S8) aswell. We are using custom engine with Vulkan as a graphical backend. We are unable to reproduce the issue in a seperate project like a modified vulkan sample. Artefacts are not always at the same place, they can vary from device to device and usually they flicker and they are dependant on a camera angle and a distance. Screenshots, shaders and a captured frame using RenderDoc and Pixel 3XL are available on this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTl_NnMgSJstqSRoV-HdG36KCY-X3DJz/view

Currently we did not find a reasonable solution to fix the artefacts. One possible way of solving this is to change the shader, but that's not ideal. Can anybody please help me solve this? I can provide more information or resources if needed. I would also prefer to get a contact of a person employed by Qualcomm with whom I can share information that cannot be public.

Thanks,

Bojan

• Up0
  • Down0
sriharia
Posted: Thu, 2023-02-23 10:00

Thanks for reporting the issue. we will try to reproduce the issue internally. 

Feel free to use [email protected] to notify the driver team directly of these issues. This is another channel of communicating. 

• Up0
  • Down0
digishp
Posted: Sun, 2023-04-16 20:50

what is the version of renderdoc used to capture this trace not able to run internally (due to version mismatch error)

please send email to [email protected]

• Up0
  • Down0
tuketet
Posted: Tue, 2023-04-18 07:26

I'm not OP but the capture seems to be made with RenderDoc version 1.25

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.