Forums - Shader Compiler Segfault

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shader Compiler Segfault
kcking
Posted: Thu, 2022-08-04 18:34

Hello,

I am trying to use a shader that is causing the adreno shader compiler to segfault. I have published a reproduction example with both the wgsl and compiled spirv vertex shaders. The shader has an entry point called "vertex_fn"

Please let me know if I can provide any more information to help debug this.

Thanks!

Kevin

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Fri, 2022-09-02 08:29

What is the shader compiler issue details?

What platform? what GFX driver/Compiler version? what exact shader code?

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
kcking
Posted: Sat, 2022-11-12 18:23

In my post I link to a GitHub with both the wgsl and spirv that crashes the compiler (the compiler segfaults). We had a discussion on a development discord about what seems to be triggering the issue in the compiler https://discord.com/channels/691052431525675048/829769375618826251/10074...

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thank you,

Kevin

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Tue, 2022-11-29 22:55

Dear Customer

Can you post your discussion in this forum, then we can easiy check the discussion history?

Also can you check what is your current driver/compiler version on your device?

adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger | grep GLES

or you can provide one complete logcat log when you reproduce the issue.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.