Forums - OpenGL GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE constant

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
OpenGL GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE constant
reyn.vlietstra
Posted: Tue, 2022-08-02 06:41

Hi!

We have some c++ on android that creates a 3d texture via glTexImage3D.

According to the "Qualcomm Adreno OpenGL ES Developer Guide" I should be getting 16384 for the GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE constant for OpenGL 3.1 (page 97).

On my OnePlus 5, which is an Adreno 540 device, 2048 is returned by glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE, ... )

Predictably if I try anything higher than 2048 for glTexImage3D I get GL_INVALID_VALUE (Which is the max defined for OpenGL 3.0 on page 73).

Could I be initializing OpenGl wrong ? Linking wrong ? (GLESv3)

My EGL returns version 1.5 

glGetString(GL_VERSION): OpenGL ES 3.2 [email protected] (GIT@6209c5d, Ifdcc64d6e8, 1576143393) (Date:12/12/19)

glGetString(GL_RENDERER): Adreno (TM) 540

Do phone manufacturers override the limit ? Should I be getting 16384 ? Is anyone else getting that on an Adren 420+

I'm using visual studio, clang and egl.

Please help
Thanks!
  • Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Tue, 2022-11-29 23:52

Dear Customer

I just checked in Adreno GPU driver, 

The GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE is really defined as 2048 in driver code. The GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE and GL_MAX_CUBE_MAP_TEXTURE_SIZE are 16384.

But this old document really says that  GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE 16384.

I will check with DEV team then update you again.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.