Forums - Global memory size in OpenCL can be changed ?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Global memory size in OpenCL can be changed ?
devko
Posted: Tue, 2021-11-16 00:27

H/W : SD888 dev kit 

S/W : Android 11  + C/C++ OpenCL 

I trying to make some native C/C++ OpenCL program for our DNN operations. Since that is very memory intense model(PyNET), we focus on memory management  feature. 

One question is "what is precise size of global memory which I can use in program ?" 

When I just received dev kit, I check basic information about OpenCL using bellow app. (That is just wrapper of clinfo)

"https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robertwgh.opencl_z_and..."

This app said "GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE : 59xxxxxxxx" (almost 6GB), so I think, "this board have total 12GB memory, and alloc half of them to GPU...."

But when I test using real code, my program report that global memory size is 4.3GB. 

I know adreno intergrated GPU share same physical memory with CPU, but who manage it ? kernel ? 

Even so, that can be changed by system status ? 

I want to know maxium value, can I suppose the first value, 5.9GB checked just after booting, is max memory ?

Thanks. 

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Fri, 2022-02-11 07:19

Can you run clinfo to get the output log to me check?

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.