Forums - App memory problem

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
App memory problem
henrymclaurin12
Posted: Wed, 2018-05-02 03:11
Hello everyone,

I simply ask why I can't assign any more memory when achieving 1GB of RAM on a gadget with 2GB of RAM.The application is exceptionally calculation intesive and it is created utilizing Android NDK r9 and tried on Samsung Note 3.I must call attention to that before running my application there is around 1.6GB free of RAM, so there is sufficient memory to designate more than 1GB.Then I start allocating memory by loading objects in to my app using dlmalloc(). When reaching 1GB of memory dlmalloc fails as if it reached maximum heap memory, or address space and the app crashes of course. I have heard that there are many apps comes with App Explainer videos, but i didn,t any solution for this app.So can anybody share some knowledege about this. Is there maybe a heap size limit for each process/app?? Where or how can I check these limits?? I know about Java Virtual machine limits 25 or 50 MB or somtimes 250 MB, and I do not think this is an issues, as I work in native code (NDK)

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
mado.jessu
Posted: Sat, 2023-08-26 07:34
Re: App memory problem
  • Up0
  • Down0
Sebastien
Posted: Sat, 2023-08-26 07:39
Re: App memory problem
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.