Forums - Hardware composer

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hardware composer
jf.gagnon
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 10:33

I don't know exactly where to post my question, so I'll just ask it here and move it to a more appropriate location if needed.

On Android 6.0, is hardware composer enabled on virtual displays?

I am trying to modify surface flinger to do some post processing of the primary display content. Blending all the layers on GPU is a tad costly and I wanted to alleviate this by using the hardware composer instead. To that end, I create a virtual display and send all the layers to this new display. Result is then read back through a layer on the primary display. But composition is always GLES.

Has anyone tried this before? A few pointers, or documentation, would be greatly appreciated.

• Up0
  • Down0
jf.gagnon
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 15:27

Drilling down AOSP/hardware composer's code showed I had a problem with surface sizes. That beeing said, I still have other issues. Is there any documentation available on MDSS? The most relevant document I found is https://developer.qualcomm.com/download/db410c/android-display-overview.pdf but is a bit light on actual mdss actual usage and parsing code is very time consuming since I am not too familiar with this hardware. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to open a direct ticket?

• Up0
  • Down0
ejobsday.in
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-14 18:52

it is not well working on zebronics hardware components check details recruitment portal

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.