Forums - AlphaTest & AlphaBlend performance

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
AlphaTest & AlphaBlend performance
BaiGuang
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-01 02:59

Sorry for my bad english.

AlphaTest is expensive than AlphaBlend on mobile, for what reason?

Someone say that AlphaTest is not supported Adreno's HSR. How the HSR working? What's the different from AlphaTest and AlphaBlend?

If HSR pass the AlphaTest,what flow will be do?

Who can slava me!!!  I hanker for AlphaTest to realize my forest scene.

If I use two-pass AlphaBlend will better than AlphaTest?

I repeat really sorry for my english and too many questions.

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-01 07:19

AlphaTest is a rendering pipeline stage specific to OpenGLES 1.1 which discards fragments depending a comparision with a fixed alpha value.  In OpenGLES 2.0 and beyond this functionalty can easily be accomplisted in a fragment shader, it's not common to be using it now.

Blending and using multiple passes is fairly common in graphics rendering, and both our drivers and hardware are adequately optimized for this rendering technique.

• Up0
  • Down0
BaiGuang
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-01 19:45

Thanks a million!!!   You make me thinking clear!

Present my knee ~~

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.