Forums - Vulkan supported driver, v145?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vulkan supported driver, v145?
zxcvbad
Posted: Sat, 2016-02-27 10:11
Does v145 supports Vulkan? I've noticed LG G5 is shipping with v145 and I'm sure US variant of S7 will have the same one. Samsung has stated both variants of S7 are shipping with Vulkan support (means S820/A530 should have it out of the box). ARMs Vulkan driver (shipping with S7) is based on their r9p0 and likely being an internal fork (since their recently released r10p0 doesn't supports Vulkan) is it same with v145, side developed? Update: noticed S7 has side developed Vulkan driver/0.0.1 API version/v.621.833.2219. I'm assuming it's pretty much the same with Qualcomm variant, doesn't have to be v145 on it's own
  • Up0
  • Down0
zxcvbad
Posted: Tue, 2016-03-01 09:50
I guess I found an answer to my question. Sounds like S7 Snapdragon variant has separate drivers just like Mali variant ow.ly/YWhMg
  • Up0
  • Down0
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-01 06:31

mr. zxcvbad,

can you please tell me what do u mean by S820/A530 should have it out of the box.

even i am using S820/A530 and tried to install and run my sample vulkan apk on that, but it didnt work,

and S820/A530 has vulkan support but doesnt have vulkan's library . so where the hell problem is ???

i am stuck and couldnt find any solution .

do i need to update the driver or install driver for the same externally ??

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.