Forums - Expected performance for OpenCL on Adreno 320?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Expected performance for OpenCL on Adreno 320?
alanpublic
Posted: Sat, 2015-08-29 10:41

I'm toying with using OpenCL on the Snapdragon platform and have been looking at the performance benefit on my Adreno 320 platform (Snapdragon 600AB). In a classic matrix multiply, I can only get about 0.5Gflops out of the GPU having varied group and tile sizes whereas a single CPU core gets me 1.3Gflops with the same code.

I realize that Gflops aren't the best measure and code often needs to be tuned to the platform, etc. but I'm wondering what kind of performance I should expect. I was expecting a few 10s of Gflops, but perhaps up to 1Gflop is more correct if not disappointing. Does anyone have a datapoint on this platform for performance that would either confirm or deny my investigatory results?

I was using the Intel GEMM sample for my experiments: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/gemm

• Up0
  • Down0
alanpublic
Posted: Mon, 2015-08-31 12:42

Data from OpenCL on other Adreno GPUs would also be interesting. I'm trying to get a data point on what to expect.

• Up0
  • Down0
alanpublic
Posted: Thu, 2015-09-03 14:21

Anybody? Seems like OpenCL development on the Adreno GPU is pretty much non-existent compared to NVidia, AMD, etc.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.