Forums - FAQ: Installing Hexagon Tools on Linux machines

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FAQ: Installing Hexagon Tools on Linux machines
brianp
Posted: Thu, 2013-10-10 18:16

While trying to install Hexagon tools, 5.0.x version, sometimes users may encounter following error

$ ./Install_HEXAGON_Tools_linux_5.0.04.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Graphical installers are not supported by the VM. The console mode will be used instead...

=======================================================

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

Then Use the following method:

The Hexagon installer expects a display for the java based GUI. There is no console option available for installing the tool chain.
It is easy to resolve if you could use a different machine or Cygwin (X window) to provide the DISPLAY.

This is how two machine setup can be used
Machine 1: this is a Linux machine called “machine1” and the display port is 10.0
To know the machine name and display port number, use the following commands:
>hostname
machine1
>echo $DISPLAY
:10.0

Machine 2: the VM where they want to install the tools
>export DISPLAY=machine1:10.0
>./ Install_HEXAGON_Tools_linux_5.0.04.bin
This should start the install window in the Machine1 display. Then the user can follow the on-screen directions.

• Up0
  • Down0
steve2
Posted: Tue, 2014-04-01 15:33

For users of our SDK,  we have not created a Linux version we can widely distirbute until we resolve the licensing issues.

For those customers with commercial licenses,  the Linux version is avaiable on our tools download site.

Steve 

• Up0
  • Down0
rachelgomez161999
Posted: Mon, 2023-05-15 22:16

The error indicates that the Hexagon Tools installer cannot run in a graphical mode and requires a display environment. To resolve this, you can use a different machine or set up a virtual machine (VM) with a display. By exporting the DISPLAY variable to point to the machine with the display, you can run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions for installation. Alternatively, you can use Cygwin to create a display environment on the same machine.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

• Up0
  • Down0
bcjohnson
Posted: Tue, 2023-08-22 10:55

I'm using qpm3 on Ubuntu 20. When I go to install Hexagon SDK 4.1.0.1, it "completes" but when I look at the output if fails starting with:

2023-08-21 13:35:24.675 INFO QIKTool [Progress] Done -1% [Error] : Post-install step failed. Script failed with exitcode 1: sh /var/tmp/qcom/qik/cache/QIK_ercs3ndr.45l/dwnld_jre.sh /var/tmp/qcom/qik/cache/QIK_ercs3ndr.45l /home/bcj3670/UxV/4.1.0.4
Script output: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /prj/adsp-platform/sdk/deps/jre-8u51-linux-x64.tar.gz
Could not copy /prj/adsp-platform/sdk/deps/jre-8u51-linux-x64.tar.gz to /tmp/jre-8u51-linux-x64.tar.gz

I don't know why it's looking in /prj. I have java on my machine. I am accessing the internet through a proxy. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.