Forums - Stand-alone application on QDSP

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stand-alone application on QDSP
sunilkumar.ms
Posted: Fri, 2013-09-13 01:45

Hi,

I have installed Hexagon SDK version 1.0.0. I am able to run examples(calculator) application provided on aDSP throughfast RPC.

But I want to run stand alone application completely on aDSP without using FastRPC i.e without OS support.

Can anyone help on this?

Regards,

Sunil Kumar M S

• Up0
  • Down0
pyosifov
Posted: Wed, 2013-09-18 06:18

What OS do you use to run Hexagon SDK? Windows or Linux?

• Up0
  • Down0
sunilkumar.ms
Posted: Wed, 2013-09-18 22:39

Windows..

Thanks for Reply..

Regards,

Sunil Kumar M S

• Up0
  • Down0
sunilkumar.ms
Posted: Mon, 2013-09-30 02:00

Hi,

Please let me know if I have missed any details to be shared?

I need to run stand alone application i.e non-os for our project purpose.

I can only see the build procedure of stand alone application in documentation but not about how to run on target?

Regards,

Sunil Kumar M S

• Up0
  • Down0
FranP
Posted: Tue, 2015-03-24 07:51

Hi, 

I have the same question. I'm able to compile using the makefile with Windows SDK. I compiled either tlb and mandelbrot examples. But once compiled the code do not run "as is" on MDP810. Is there any guide or suggestion to make it running?

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2015-07-31 11:06

Stand-alone applications are applications that run on the Hexagon Simulator only.  They run raw (you implement main()) and link with a standalone.a library that contains basic OS functinality to support your main() implementation (heap, file, etc...).

You can essentually run any code you want via FastRPC, why do you want to run stand-alone applications on the hardware?

- Jack

• Up0
  • Down0
FranP
Posted: Sun, 2015-08-02 03:05

My Purpose is to find out a way to measure my kernels' performances. But I think that for this is better to use the simulator, Isn't it?

On the other Hand the simulator seems to get stucked when I run it within Eclispe. Do you have any suggestion on this?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2015-08-04 14:07

What kernel are you running, custom?  you can get accurate cycle counts on the simulator but you will not be accounting for cache, memory, bus delays.

If the simulator hangs its prob some sort of crash, what does the sim spit out in this case?  Does it work fine if not running from within eclipse?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.