Forums - Where is hexagon-gcc?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where is hexagon-gcc?
NicklasE
Posted: Thu, 2015-02-05 04:59

Hi,

I have a real beginner problem (I assume that I have missed a step to setup my environment).

I have just installed the Hexagon SDK and I'm following the "quickstart" in the documentation to build the calculator example. I have performed the "setup_sdk_env.cmd" without error and starting a build with "calculator_walkthrough.cmd". But I get a build error:

make: Entering directory `/c/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/1.2.2/examples/common/calculator'
making ../../../lib/common/rpcmem
make[1]: C:/Qualcomm/HEXAGON_Tools/5.0.14/gnu/bin/hexagon-gcc: Command not found

make[1]: *** [hexagon_Debug_dynamic/rpcmem.o] Error 127
ERROR making ../../../lib/common/rpcmem

Any ideas? I'm not able to find any "hexagon-gcc" anywhere in the installation folders.

BR,

Nicklas

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: Where is hexagon-gcc? Best Answer
jmay Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2015-02-05 09:45

The Hexagon SDK installer launches the Hexagon Tools installer and recommends "online" install.  Due to an issue with the Hexagon Tools installer the Hexagon tools must be installed in "offline" mode.

To correct this issue:

1. Uninstall the Hexagon Tools (not the Hexagon SDK) by running C:\Qualcomm\HEXAGON_Tools\5.0.14\Uninstall_Hexagon_Tools\Uninstall_Hexagon_Tools.exe

2. Rerun the Hexagon SDK installer, it will attempt to reinstall the Hexagon Tools.  This time through choose "offline" install and follow the directions.

• Up0
  • Down0
NicklasE
Posted: Fri, 2015-02-06 09:12

Ah, after a few attempts I understood what "offline" referred to and I got it working. Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
whuttel
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-04 10:07

Hello,

I've encountered the same problem attempting to install the Hexagon SDK on a Windows 8.1 system (a Lenovo T440 laptop).  I've managed to copy the tools installation file "Install_HEXAGON_Tools_windows_5.0.14.exe"  during the run of "qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_1_2_2_eval.exe".  If I run "Install_HEXAGON_Tools_windows_5.0.14.exe -console"  I'm able to select "offline" as described in this thread.  However, the toolset is not installed -- there is a message indicating failure, but I cannot find the log file it describes.   Is this installation known to work  on Windows 8.1?  Are there any reports of failed installation even using the "offline" choice?  Is there any alternative method for installing the tools?

Thanks,

Bill H.

• Up0
  • Down0
whuttel
Posted: Fri, 2015-06-05 10:54

Able to get it working.  On a Windows 8.1 system, Win 7 comatibility mode must be set on the installer, and it must be run as admin.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.